A mark left by acne is red or brown on the skin when acne has cleared. It is a common complaint among acne patients that these red or brown marks make their skin appear more broken out and rough than it actually is.
Teenagers are prone to acne, which is a very common skin problem. Many of our patients experience acne as a constant battle, and the emotional and physical scarring left behind can cripple them. Our advanced laser system is effective at treating acne, scars, and other skin conditions.
What is Acne?
Sebaceous glands are the cause of acne (pimples/breakouts). The most common sites of this condition are the face, neck, chest, upper back, and upper arms, because these areas of the body have hormonally sensitive sebaceous glands. The skin can become pigmented and develop acne scars if they are not treated.
What are Acne Scars?
Scarring caused by acne varies from person to person and can be classified as follows:
- Rolling scars look like mountain tops and gorges without any sharp borders.
Under overhead lighting, they appear worse, but when stretched, they disappear. Treatment options, depending on the location, include surgical and nonsurgical procedures.
- Ice-pick scars are very small, deep, round depressions that have a pinpoint-like base.
- Box-car scars are characterized by a round, multi-shaped, or linear skin surface, have a flat, "U-shaped" base, and are broader than icepick scars.
These scars can be shallow or deep. They can be treated surgically or non-surgically depending on their depth and location.
- Hypertrophic and nodular scars, these scars left behind by chest and back acne are often hypertrophic and nodular in appearance.
There are many different treatment options available for scarring, depending on the type you may have.
Acne Treatment - Fast, Effective Results Without Side Effects
The Fotona laser treatment reduces acne inflammation by selectively destroying overactive sebaceous glands using photoselective absorption and controlled heating. The Nd:YAG acne laser treatment can penetrate the skin thermally and stimulate collagen remodeling, which is an important step in the long-term treatment of acne.
Through controlled heating and photoselective absorption, Fotona's laser treatment lowers acne inflammation when acne is active. The patented Nd:YAG laser from Fotona safely penetrates the skin to an optimal depth, effectively thermally and selectively destroying overactive sebaceous glands.
Additionally to its thermal penetration effects, the Nd:YAG acne laser treatment stimulates collagen remodeling and accelerates healing, which is important in long-term acne treatment.
Revision of acne scars in a gentle and effective manner
With Fotona's Er:YAG laser wavelength, you can achieve gentle, ablative scar revision for problematic acne scars. Er:YAG lasers are effective for resurfacing acne scarred skin with minimal penetration depth, which helps improve skin texture and tone. Laser skin resurfacing permits precise control of penetration depth, unlike chemical peels and dermabrasion. Micron-thin layers of acne-scarred skin are gently vaporized by the laser, revealing healthy, undamaged skin beneath. Resurfacing with lasers is a quick, easy, and painless procedure.
Acne treatment Process:
- Consultation in the initial phase
- Duration of the procedure: Approximately 1 hour per session
- Treatments required to achieve optimal results: 6 or more session once a week
- Recovery Time: No downtime
Active Acne Treatment
Acne Scar Treatment Process
- Consultation in the initial phase
- Procedure duration: Each session lasts about 2 hours
- Treatments required for Optimal Results: depending on the severity of the condition
- Time required for recovery: 4 days