Acne is a common skin problem, especially in teenagers. For some of our patients, the fight against acne is a constant battle, and the emotional and physical scars left behind can be debilitating. Our advanced laser system can successfully treat acne as well as the scars left behind.
What is Acne?
Acne (pimples/ breakouts) is a disorder of sebaceous glands. It commonly occurs on the areas of the body with hormonally sensitive sebaceous glands including the face, neck, chest, upper back, and upper arms. If not treated, these can lead to acne scars and can lead to pigmentation of the skin.
What are Acne Scars?
Acne scars vary from person to person and can be classified in the following:
- Rolling scars appear like hills and valleys, without sharp borders.
- Ice-pick scars, also known as pitted scars, appear as small, round, deep depressions which end in a pinpoint base.
- Box-car scars have a flat, “U-shaped” base, are broader than icepick scars, and are round, multi-shaped, or linear at the skin surface.
- Hypertrophic and nodular scars are often found as a result of chest or back acne.
Acne Treatment – Fast results Without Side-Effects
For active acne, Fotona’s laser treatment reduces acne inflammation through photoselective absorption and controlled heating effects selectively destroying overactive sebaceous glands. In addition to its thermal penetration effects, the Nd:YAG acne laser treatment also accelerates the healing process and stimulates collagen remodeling, an important step in the long-term treatment of acne.
Gentle & Effective Acne Scar Revision
For treating problematic acne scars, Fotona’s Er:YAG laser wavelength is ideal for gentle ablative scar revision. Unlike chemical peels and dermabrasion, laser skin resurfacing allows the penetration depth to be precisely controlled. The laser gently vaporizes micron-thin layers of the acne-scarred surface to reveal healthy, undamaged skin below. Laser resurfacing is a fast, safe and simple procedure.
Acne treatment Process:
- Initial Consultation
- Procedure duration: Approximately 1 hour per session
- Treatments required for Optimal Results: 6 or more session once a week
- Recovery Time: No downtime
Active Acne Treatment
Acne Scar Treatment Process
- Initial Consultation
- Procedure duration: Approximately 2 hour per session
- Treatments required for Optimal Results: according to the severity
- Recovery Time: 4 days