Adult Acne is seen commonly. There is a number of prevention methods one can follow.
1. Regular Skin routine – washing face with non-oily face wash at least twice a day especially in the morning and before bedtime. There is a no of acne specific face wash available over the counter. A toner and oil-free moisturizer after washing face.
2. Avoid direct sunlight and use mineral-based sunblock.
3. Avoid excessive sweating. This can block the glands and accumulation of bacteria.
4. Use a low dose of Retinoic acid cream at night regularly.
5. Know a trigger for acne and avoid it. Some people get more acne after eating particular greasy food or spicy food.
6. Never sleep with makeup on your face.
7. Choose a nonoily makeup/foundation.
8. Hydration, good sleep and avoiding stress helps.
9. Some people use medications to regulate their hormones. This can help prevent hormonal acne. These are birth control pills and Spironolactone.